Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Why do the lights go out when my snake talks?
Old
shoff

Default Why do the lights go out when my snake talks? - 06-15-2015, 05:07 PM

So I completed my fourth assignment. Methods are now getting much easier and I am figuring out how useful they are now that I am putting scenes together. I think I have got a walking method down pat, I tested my skills by making a horse trot and canter and it turned out great. It would be took to have access to more points, like upper leg and lower leg, or to bend the neck, to make the horse have more movements and look more realistic. Can you add points to the object later on?

My big question is whenever I use the "say" bubble the lighting gets darker. How can I fix this so that the lighting doesn't flicker when my object is talking?

Thanks!

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 06-16-2015, 08:18 AM

Could you post a world file with this issue so we can see it ourselves? I haven't experienced this myself.

(')>

Old
MrMoke

Default 06-16-2015, 09:00 AM

The answer to your first question might be "yes" and "no".

No. You can't add new joints to a model without going through the entire design process described on the web sites that describe how to build new models.
Yes. You can add Dummies or invisible objects to another object, control vehicle assignment, and use the "as seen by" options to do some interesting things.

You might also want to look into the "Medieval" folder. There is a Horse in that folder that might be what you are looking for.

Like "X", I haven't encountered a dimming problem like yours before. It might also help to know which version you're using (2.4.3 is best), as well as O/S of your machine.