Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 01-21-2010, 12:24 PM

I don't think that's the problem, personally. I think the problem is that lots of people have the penguin mentality, where they're waiting for someone else to dive into the game, then come back to the surface and say how great it is.

I'm usually the diver penguin, but lately I've been lax about testing everyone's worlds. Apologies, I'll get back into the habit, starting with your modern warfare game. Go ahead and tell me where the latest version is and I'll play it, K?

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 01-21-2010, 01:06 PM

IVe posted a lot of Modern Warfare games, i dont know, they are all good and i know you test them but im talking to everyone else, including the other 7000!!!!!!!!MEMBERS!!!!!!which 6,900 probably dont even go on

This Mirrors edge game ive been working on for a long time. I want everyones opinions, do you think this looks like Mirrors edge? Is it detailed enough

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Last edited by x2495iiii; 03-12-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Double-posts

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 02-03-2010, 09:51 AM

I think you should see if you can work the color schemes of the buildings to resemble Mirror's Edge more: everything white except for the runner-vision objects.

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 02-03-2010, 10:19 AM

Right, there is blue, orange, and green also...oh yah, how was the game

Old
Veryuhbull

Default 02-03-2010, 06:24 PM

It was visually stunning. The world was one of the best i have seen in Alice. I never played mirror's edge but have seen gameplay/trailers before. But i did get it to glitch often with the landings and got stuck in the air multiple times. Good work overall.

Old
jediaction

Default 02-04-2010, 08:09 AM

i am working on making the paths less visible but more visible in color at the same time. Thank you, i spent over like 20 hours working on this

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 02-04-2010, 12:06 PM

When you say how was the game, do you mean the full PS3 game? Because it was cool, but somewhat short.

I know lots of people criticize it for all kinds of stuff, like story and combat and blabbity blah blah, but they're nuts because that was a fun game.

The only thing I didn't like was that the cutscenes were cartoons instead of 3d motion. I like my 3d cutscenes, and the cartoons didn't provide a satisfying alternative for me.

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 02-04-2010, 12:41 PM

Well yes its supposed to be a short game and its made by DICE. I think thats a japaneze company so they make cartoon stuff a lot. Yah the game is not about shooting even though you can. There is "brief language' if it was a movie. I hope they make a movie of it. Im looking forward to that and call of duty modern warfare the movie, and also Halo reach the movie.

I posted version 17, its one of the last versions. Please try it and tell me what you think. I know someone will be sad when im not posting any more versions

Some one please comment!

Last edited by x2495iiii; 03-12-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Triple-Posts

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 03-12-2010, 12:30 PM

Sometimes threads just get old, jedi. Same thing happened to all my old projects because I haven't updated them in forever. Either update each one regularly with new additions to your worlds, or pick one world to keep improving and make it the best it can possibly be and let the other worlds serve as examples to others and good memories for you.

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 03-12-2010, 02:19 PM

I did update it and i asked for people to comment on the new version but no one has tried it. Its so much better than the last but no one cares.