Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

stuff disappearing
Old
nomadpenguin

Default stuff disappearing - 10-12-2011, 08:39 PM

I am working on an aircraft lander game. However, the aircraft carrier disappears when i pull the camera back. What is causing this and how can I fix it? Thanks!

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-12-2011, 09:25 PM

Probably the camera's clipping distance.

Click the camera object on the object list on the left side of the screen, then click the properties tab on the center-left side of the screen, then scroll down to "camera Far Clipping Distance" or something similar and change it to a larger number. It should be 256 at first. Try changing it to 1000.

Old
Powerhouse64

Default 11-05-2011, 03:32 PM

Draw distance!!! What X said works, but keep in mind that a world with many objects will lag immensely when your draw distance is large. The draw distance basically sets a distance that the user can see, and anything outside of this area won't be visible. What is happening is that the aircraft carrier eventually goes outside of this draw distance, and is no longer loaded as a visible object by Alice. If you have many objects and you increase your draw distance, Alice will struggle drawing all those objects for you to see, so instead of bogging down your system, Alice will only draw objects within a certain range.

I hope this helps you understand why this is happening and what the reasoning behind it is!

Hogwarts: Where everything is made up, and the points don't matter