Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Intro for Full Length Movie
Old
DarkMagis

Lightbulb Intro for Full Length Movie - 10-12-2010, 04:58 PM

Hey guys. I finally finished the intro for my movie, and I wanted to submit it for your ripping apart. Now, just so you guys know, the plot is about a group of monsters that live in a house in the middle of a hedge. Well, one is a witch and one is a ninja but they are considered just as bad. The humans tolerate them, but overall shun them. That's how it's been since the group moved into the abandoned house that was there way before the city was built (like the hedge). The city was actually built around it, previously occupied by a man and his family who went mad and killed them all (Shining reference, much?). So, it turns out that there is a monster problem in Europe. There are more and more groups that are speaking out against monsters and the like, and actually harming innocent beings. Along with that, there is also steadily an increase in the local vampire population. At first, the group that we meet in the beginning fly to England, and meet up with two other monster clans. One is a vampire coven (who convince them that they're on their side) and later they find another group that is very similar to theirs (coincidentally with a handsome British wizard). They have a huge war against the humans, where many are slaughtered, but because of the fact that the humans use guns, there are many monster causalities as well. Then, the wizard in the British clan (who is starting to become romantically involved with the witch) secretly holds a meeting with a human who is fighting in the war, but also is secretly sympathetic with the monster cause. They both make their causes to their respective races after the meeting, and they there is another meeting between the councils. They all realize that their enemy really are the manipulative vampires, and there is a bloodier but more epic battle against the vampires.

Too fantasyish or clicheish? PLEASE give your opinions on the plot and the intro, and advice on how to improve both. And also, I'm looking for movie titles and would be very grateful for any ideas.

Oh, and when you watch the movie, go to the "Production Introduction" scene and method (both named exactly the same) because I made them after I did the other scenes, so it automatically goes to the one I made first.

One last note: I may want to stick cameos in here, so if you guys by any chance want to have one or want to refer someone, go right ahead.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Monster House.a2w (17.23 MB, 114 views)

Last edited by DarkMagis; 10-12-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Old
DarkMagis

Default 10-12-2010, 08:28 PM

I just finished reviewing it. My mind is ahead of everything. Here is the edited version (for grammar and the like). Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Monster House.a2w (17.23 MB, 46 views)

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-12-2010, 08:31 PM

Concept has potential. Not bad at all.

EDIT: I'll check out the reviewed/edited version in a bit. Got HTML work to do.

Old
DarkMagis

Lightbulb 10-12-2010, 08:34 PM

Friends, Alicers, countrymen, lend me your ears!

I know I may be posting too much on the forums, but once again I didn't think things entirely through and I just came up with an "ah ha" moment. I was wondering if anyone would like to help me turn this movie into a collaboration. So it has better animation, it could end up being longer, and it would become a completely epic Alice movie like that bunny one did for that other animation program. Alice isn't that well known right now, but with something big like this, it could be.

I'm directing this invitation mainly at X and Dessybunny, as you guys not only are probably the most well-known on the forums and in the Alice community, but frankly, both of your works are completely amazing. I'm also looking for cameos (as I said in the post above), and now I'm also looking for people to help me with voice overs (I'm a girl and unfortunately more than half of my characters are male). X, you have showed particular talent in both voiceovers and animation when you did that animation for that company (again, absolutely flawless).

This is probably out of line for such a noob, but what the hell. I dive headfirst into things and try to create epicness. Who knows? This time it may work.

Please tell me what you guys think, and please tell me to tone it down if I'm getting too riled up (I unfortunately do that too much).

EDIT: And thanks X. No rush whatsoever.

Yay!SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSP AMSP AMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM
Old
debussybunny563

Thumbs up Yay!SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSP AMSP AMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM - 10-12-2010, 08:45 PM

About time there was a huge collaboration program!

And what did I do for that other animation program?

Anyway, I think it's a great idea, as long as people are willing to contribute, and the process is organized.

Unfortunately, many people are busy with schoolwork and whatnot (not to mention working on their own Alice worlds), so I'm not sure how active it'd be to start off.
However, I do think it's a good project that can have some gr8 outcomes.

I'll take a look at the edited version soon. (downloading...)

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Old
DarkMagis

Default 10-12-2010, 08:51 PM

I've just seem some of your objects that you have created before, that have showed great skill. Along with your famous status in the community, why not, lol?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-12-2010, 08:52 PM

You know what?

I'm willing to give this a shot.

Also, I think she's referring to Blender and the movie made in Blender starring a large bunny, which made Blender famous.

http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/

Haha....advertising.

I'm famous. Cool.
Old
debussybunny563

Cool I'm famous. Cool. - 10-12-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMagis View Post
I've just seem some of your objects that you have created before, that have showed great skill. Along with your famous status in the community, why not, lol?
Haha. Famous. I would've laughed at that two months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
You know what?

I'm willing to give this a shot.

Also, I think she's referring to Blender and the movie made in Blender starring a large bunny, which made Blender famous.

http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/

Haha....advertising.
X, you ol' n00b. (oximoron ftw!)

|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |

Last edited by debussybunny563; 10-12-2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: x is a dancing kitteh

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 10-12-2010, 08:58 PM

Regular moron right there.

Old
debussybunny563

Thumbs up 10-12-2010, 09:05 PM

Ignoring the weird guy above me (who ever heard of a penguin for an avatar? I dunno), it's a very nice intro.

Some of the timings are a bit long (the speech bubbles), but that's for cleaning up, one of the last things you need to worry about. Liked the scene transitions, and subtle humor (coach told me to stand, m'am!).