Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Skateboard
Old
Member123890

Default Skateboard - 11-24-2008, 08:46 AM

Skateboard World
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Skateboard.a2w (6.32 MB, 375 views)

Old
lafontaine

Default 02-24-2009, 04:07 AM

wow!
thanks a lot for sharing
the game is so cool

No
Old
ottar9919

Default No - 02-24-2009, 08:18 AM

That game was very boring. First of all, it should not ask you if you want to ollie and stuff, that really makes it boring and slow.
Second, I did not know any of the controls. Try adding text or print at the beginning to list them. Adding more tricks would make it more interesting.

Old
JustasM

Default 02-24-2009, 10:17 AM

I agree with ottar9919 on some points, but I believe that the game has some potential, if you only put some more work into it.

As a tip, try using move at speed and turn at speed functions instead of simply move and turn. This creates a smoother experience, and is both useful for movies and games.

Second, try creating some interaction with the objects. Sure, there is a rail, and a ramp, but you cannot do anything with them. It is difficult to make accurate collision detection, but at least try to make something like: if skater is within 2 meters of ramp, do skater.ramp, which is method with a nice animation of the guy jumping the ramp.

Nevertheless, considering (as I believe) that this is your first world, it is a very good attempt. With practice comes skill, so don't give up, improve on this world, or make more new ones!