Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Fps template
Old
ranchman20

Default Fps template - 04-22-2010, 09:44 AM

This is my simple fps system, and i wanted to see the rest of the forums opinion. For whatever reason, the guy doesn't die sometimes even if your aiming right at him.

Help and comments appreciated.

Controls, arrows move, space fires, 1 and 2 change gun.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w FPS TEMPLATEv2.a2w (669.9 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by ranchman20; 04-22-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Old
jediaction

Default 04-22-2010, 11:23 AM

Thats a common problem, even if yoru aiming at the guy, he wont die. You gotta program it differently

My Opinion on your game. WEll I have made many FPS Examples before and this oen is (of course) a little different. Im am working on a swithing weapon system. Your animation could be better though. The guns movment when switching should be different to

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
ranchman20

Default 04-22-2010, 12:59 PM

I know its not very good, I am new, and just wanted to give out a simple system for other new guys to use.

I used a slightly different aiming system than most people, I think.

Animation is hard because whoever made the guns made them act funny when they are told to point, the front of the gun is like its side.

Ill keep at it.

Heres a problem, is there a way to make the game do something when a variable changes in any way?

Last edited by ranchman20; 04-22-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Old
jediaction

Default 04-22-2010, 01:22 PM

Yah, some guns are made like that and...

Im sorry, i did forgot you were new. yah, you can check out my FPS projects and A-TOM studios is coming out with a game. Everyoen is so excited and there is a trailer. You can go to the website, but its currently down. That game has top programming and walking animations and sound effects. I found the coolest way to make shooting a gun with sound. A machine gun, its never before seen and the demo is coming out 2-3 weeks. The first 5 to sign up on the page get the demo a week before anyone. Then the rest get it. Again, look at my FPS examples to get ideas

A-tom STORM official trailer
This is the trailer

Old
ranchman20

Default 04-22-2010, 03:16 PM

Thanks.

The animation will be annoying because I have already made a system for weapon changing. And its simple but not very cool.

Guess ill have to redo that

Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Default 04-22-2010, 03:57 PM

I am not suprised there animation isues because many modeling programs have difrent systems to map polys making the direction diffrent on each.

Old
jediaction

Default 04-22-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchman20 View Post
Thanks.

The animation will be annoying because I have already made a system for weapon changing. And its simple but not very cool.

Guess ill have to redo that
I made a really really realistic weapon swithicng system. It will be released later with something special from A-TOM studios

Last edited by jediaction; 04-23-2010 at 10:30 AM.

Old
ranchman20

Default 04-23-2010, 09:27 AM

new question, Im working on a backstab kinds animation sequence, where if your within distance to a guy you get behind him and stab him, but i dont know how to use vectoring.

How should i do this?

Old
Dameria

Default 04-23-2010, 09:34 AM

It depends on if you want it to be an automatic sequence like a cinematic thing, or a regular knifing attack like in Call of Duty (basically if it will definately kill them 1 hit like an assassination or if it will just be an attack that could be initiated at any time and possibly miss). Either one would be equally difficult, so you decide.

Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Old
ranchman20

Default 04-23-2010, 09:45 AM

I think i figured it out, Its cinematic style, and what i did is attached a sphere to the enemy's back, so the camera goes to the sphere instead of the guy directly.

Now another question, how would i make it so that i don't have to script every enemy i stab? I need to just be able to approach any guy and do it.

In Resident Penguin, he had a target system, I don't know how to do that.