Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
3D GTA style aiming and camera movement
Old
JAA

Default 3D GTA style aiming and camera movement - 07-12-2010, 06:56 AM

I want the camera to be controlled like it is in any 3D GTA for the PC. Where the mouse pointer stays in the center of the screen and when you move the mouse side to side and up and down the camera moves accordingly. I know the same thing happens in Alice when you have the following event:
Allow mouse to control [camera]
...but it only works when the mouse is clicked down. Also, I made a world where when the mouse isn't at the center of the screen the camera turns but this isn't really what I'm looking for because the mouse doesn't stay centered.
Can someone show me how to make a world where the mouse controls the camera and cross hairs like it does in GTA?

Here's a thread where I attached my closest solution.
http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4729

Out of the 7 schools I applied for, Carnegie Mellon is the only one that didn't accept me. They wait listed me, but I hold no grudges. Alice is awesome and Claytronics , om*g. Some one should figure out how to put these two projects together. It would revolutionize not only the gaming industry, but the world... scratch that, the Universe... scratch that, the Multiverse!