Average 2 5.56%
Bad 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

War Zone (Movie)
Old
Chris101b

Default War Zone (Movie) - 03-29-2008, 08:54 PM

Hey everybody,

I have just finished work on my new movie called War Zone. I worked on it for about a month and a half, but started on it a year ago. After making the first 10 seconds of the movie, I found out how to make a game and decided to make infiltration. If you want to play Infiltration, look at my other threads and click on the link. This movie takes place sometime in the future and is about 2 soldiers that need to cross the road. But as they try to, they encounter heavy resistance. The whole movie is about 3 minutes long and I appologize in advance for the voice overs and the sound. The voice overs are me and my mom and we are nowhere near being professionals. Also, all of the sounds are from findsounds.com and it was hard to find sounds that matched perfectly to what was going on at the moment. So, I am proud to give you my new movie "War Zone".

P.S. The Alice file is below and ready for download.

Last edited by Chris101b; 03-31-2008 at 01:06 PM.

Finally up
Old
Chris101b

Default Finally up - 03-31-2008, 01:05 PM

Here is the video. I hope you enjoy it. Please leave feedback, I love getting it and it really helps me figure out the pros and cons of my movies so that I can make them better the next time around. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w War Zone.a2w (13.70 MB, 1170 views)

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 03-31-2008, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris101b View Post
Here is the video. I hope you enjoy it. Please leave feedback, I love getting it and it really helps me figure out the pros and cons of my movies so that I can make them better the next time around. Thank you.
Unfortunately, I got an error when I tried to load the world. Am I alone or did others experience the same problem?

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free programming tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm

Old
Chris101b

Default 03-31-2008, 02:55 PM

Yeah, for some reason it does do that, but if you press cancel, it will still load. Also, it takes a while for it to load because of its complexity. Sometimes close to 10 minutes (sometimes) so just let it load in the background and do something else.

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 03-31-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Yeah, for some reason it does do that, but if you press cancel, it will still load. Also, it takes a while for it to load because of its complexity. Sometimes close to 10 minutes (sometimes) so just let it load in the background and do something else.
Hello Chris101b,

I have three words for this piece of work:

AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!!

You have surpassed your earlier Halo 3 Starry Starry Night video. I hope you will publish this one as an online video so that I can refer it to some of my colleagues who have doubts about Alice and don't have Alice installed on their computers.

Keep up the good work. I predict that you have a good future in the field.

Dick Baldwin

Old
John_Clark

Default 04-02-2008, 11:45 AM

I must say this is an amazing video keep this up and you will go far.

Awesome!
Old
madden

Default Awesome! - 04-02-2008, 01:27 PM

Awesome job!

P.s I love it!
I gave you an awesome, but I wanted to give you an OUTSTANDING!

Check out my new website - http://www.freewebs.com/maddenuser/

Special thanks to the people who are supporting me...
Drjim, rich0e0rick, Chris101b, ZED, jediaction, x2495iiii, ("Robby"), gabe, JustasM, and Shadow Sovereign.

Games...

CSS - a sidescroler/adventure game.
CASE 1.01 - a escape the room/adventure game.
In the Black and White - a shooter/adventure game.
Field Of Wonder - a adventure game
C.R.E.S - a action/adventure game.

Can you eat 10 cookies in 5 seconds?
I did.

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 04-02-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
... I apologize in advance for the voice overs and the sound. The voice overs are me and my mom and we are nowhere near being professionals. Also, all of the sounds are from findsounds.com and it was hard to find sounds that matched perfectly to what was going on at the moment. So, I am proud to give you my new movie "War Zone"...
And proud you should be. By the way, you don't need to apologize for the voice overs and the sounds. Given the probable size of your budget for making the movie ($0.00) I'm sure you couldn't afford to hire professional voice and Foley artists. You and your mom did a great job on the voice overs and the sound effects also, so give your mom a big high-five for a job well done.

Your movie not only required a tremendous amount of creative talent and programming knowledge, it also had to require a tremendous amount of work. Your teacher and your mom must both be very proud of your accomplishment.

Dick Baldwin

Last edited by DickBaldwin; 04-02-2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Correct spelling

Old
Chris101b

Default 04-02-2008, 06:27 PM

Thank you so much for the feedback. I am glad all of you are liking it. It is definitely motivating me to start making another video (maybe a sequel). I was bummed out after joining a competition and entering that movie and was not recognized at all. Though the competition was poorly constructed, it still felt bad. The school that was hosting the competition literally got half of the awards, and the awards that they did get were all first place. Also, there were so many people that they had 6 judges and to save time, only one judge would look at each project. The judge that looked at mine had never even heard of Alice, so he didn't know exactly how hard it is to make a program like that with Alice. But I knew that I had done a good job, so I left with that feeling and am waiting for the Alice competition being held at UAB to start.

Old
lanceA

Default 04-03-2008, 01:20 PM

I also thought it was an excellent animation! Great job!!

Did you design the project completely before programming it, or did you just start writing the code?

Good luck with your next competition!!