Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > The Lounge

assignment 6
Old
btolor

Default assignment 6 - 03-15-2016, 04:19 PM

OMG I'm not sure where to even begin on this assignment, can anyone offer any help. this is the bottles of pop song assignment.

Looking at a blank page.
Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default Looking at a blank page. - 03-18-2016, 01:44 PM

You are experiencing what, I believe, is called the blank page syndrome. This is a very difficult situation to overcome as it requires a person to think creativily and I have found that people will in general fight this with an amazing amount of energy.
Even though I don't know the requirements for your project I do have the following suggestions.
  1. Open Alice and do somehing! Anything no matterr how irrealivant will get you started.
  2. Break the problem down. Do you need a loop? if so what type?
  3. Go back to the book, what was it talking about at this point in your course?
  4. If you are not sure how something works, use print statements to see how things are changing
  5. I am guessing you need to make a string that changes as the program runs so look at the.string functions under world functions.
  6. find out how to change the text in a 3D text objec.
  7. Put it all together.
  8. If you find you have been sitting there for five minutes and still have no idea what to do next, DO SOMETHING!
Hope this helps get you going
Mark

Mark Henwood
mhenwood@ieee.org

Old
btolor

Default 03-22-2016, 04:06 AM

Finally...... i was able to finish my assignment 6 pop bottle song. Although I found a way to complete it, I'm not sure if i did it the way the instructor wanted it done. I think he wanted me to use a while loop but i just ended up using a loop, and think was suppose to create a variable to count the number of times it loop, instead i just set my number of loop to the correct value. My end result was the full bottles of pop song(99 to 0).

I also wanna thank Mark aka(chickentree) for the pep-talk. Just doing random stuff in Alice helped me get focus on what I needed to do.

Old
chickentree
Super Moderator

Default 03-22-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btolor View Post
Finally...... i was able to finish my assignment 6 pop bottle song. Although I found a way to complete it, I'm not sure if i did it the way the instructor wanted it done. I think he wanted me to use a while loop but i just ended up using a loop, and think was suppose to create a variable to count the number of times it loop, instead i just set my number of loop to the correct value. My end result was the full bottles of pop song(99 to 0).

I also wanna thank Mark aka(chickentree) for the pep-talk. Just doing random stuff in Alice helped me get focus on what I needed to do.
Glad I could help

Mark Henwood
mhenwood@ieee.org