Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Old
jediaction

Default 12-06-2011, 07:52 PM

Thanks. If you have any suggestions, I could make this a full game some day. But I'm not using Alice as much anymore.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
jediaction

Default 01-11-2012, 12:22 PM

Hey Guys. Let's not let this thread die. This is pretty huge. Wasn't everyone waiting for a cool split screen game? This is as close as Alice can get so far...

Old
dakota95

Default 01-11-2012, 12:25 PM

ya its awesome. It would just be more awesome if I could figure out how to do it

<Insert_Signature_Here>

Old
jediaction

Default 01-11-2012, 08:55 PM

You mean how to re create it? It takes a lot of thought and you have to be able to think reveresed. I actually had my brother set up the reversed and stuff. It's very complicated.

Split Screen Wars - reviewed by Arty-fishL
Old
arty-fishL

Post Split Screen Wars - reviewed by Arty-fishL - 01-13-2012, 09:56 PM

Jedi, I decided to also review things from now on, hence it may seem like I am copying your review idea, and I am. I just wanted to let you know.
I was doing rubbish mini reviews before with star ratings, but your idea is better, so I'm adopting it. I've modified it somewhat though.

FEATURES

- Good animations
- Well designed menu
- Great concept
- Use of scenery instead of leaving it plain
- Accurately mirrored scenery
- Good SFX

- Inaccurate attack radius
- Able to leave the game area
- Gameplay is too basic, too little

OPINION

This is a well designed game based upon a smart concept. It is aesthetically pleasing; the animations in the menu work well and go nicely with the set-up of the screen, the game area a suitable array of simple, yet effective background objects. Ergonomics have clearly been kept in mind, the game is easy to use and the controls are clear and satisfyingly responsive. It was nice to see a game that was not over-ambitious and filled with lag and bugs.
Unfortunately, due to the world just being a mini example of the possibilities this concept can lead to, the gameplay is insufficient and too basic. There is no collision with the edges of the game area, the fighting is not accurate (you can attack a player when facing the opposite way to them, as long as you are close) and after playing for 30 seconds or so you will have basically done everything possible, there is nothing else to do after that.

ADVICE

Were this a full game, it would be good to see a set of Alice Fighter style improvements made; added collisions, accurate fighting, more fighting styles - maps - characters, a points system.

VERDICT

A well presented example of an interesting concept, perhaps too basic, but awesome nonetheless.

8.1 BRILLIANT

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]

Last edited by arty-fishL; 01-13-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Old
jediaction

Default 01-14-2012, 06:53 PM

Hmm, well, I know that you can go out of the map...also, the fighting isn't supposed to be a real game. That was just a test thing I came up with. I'm going to do like block combos and stuff. I guess this was the time for the first review. Thanks. Btw, I like your new system. You inspired me to upgrade my system. Good Idea on Characters though...

Old
arty-fishL

Default 01-14-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Hmm, well, I know that you can go out of the map...also, the fighting isn't supposed to be a real game. That was just a test thing I came up with. I'm going to do like block combos and stuff. I guess this was the time for the first review. Thanks. Btw, I like your new system. You inspired me to upgrade my system. Good Idea on Characters though...
The negatives aren't there to make the game sound bad, it is clearly a very good game, hence the high rating. I put negatives because there are always negatives, they pave the way to many more positives.

My system is wholly inspired by yours, so its great that your inspirational work inspired me to create an inspiring system that inspired you.

█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]

Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Default 01-15-2012, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
Jedi, I decided to also review things from now on, hence it may seem like I am copying your review idea, and I am. I just wanted to let you know.
I was doing rubbish mini reviews before with star ratings, but your idea is better, so I'm adopting it. I've modified it somewhat though.

FEATURES

- Good animations
- Well designed menu
- Great concept
- Use of scenery instead of leaving it plain
- Accurately mirrored scenery
- Good SFX

- Inaccurate attack radius
- Able to leave the game area
- Gameplay is too basic, too little

OPINION

This is a well designed game based upon a smart concept. It is aesthetically pleasing; the animations in the menu work well and go nicely with the set-up of the screen, the game area a suitable array of simple, yet effective background objects. Ergonomics have clearly been kept in mind, the game is easy to use and the controls are clear and satisfyingly responsive. It was nice to see a game that was not over-ambitious and filled with lag and bugs.
Unfortunately, due to the world just being a mini example of the possibilities this concept can lead to, the gameplay is insufficient and too basic. There is no collision with the edges of the game area, the fighting is not accurate (you can attack a player when facing the opposite way to them, as long as you are close) and after playing for 30 seconds or so you will have basically done everything possible, there is nothing else to do after that.

ADVICE

Were this a full game, it would be good to see a set of Alice Fighter style improvements made; added collisions, accurate fighting, more fighting styles - maps - characters, a points system.

VERDICT

A well presented example of an interesting concept, perhaps too basic, but awesome nonetheless.

8.1 BRILLIANT
Ima start copying you guys but for FPS games in my group.

What a piece of work is a man? How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and in motion, how express and admirable how like an angel! What apprehension oh how like a god! The beauty of thee world, the paragon of animals, and yet- to me, what is this quintessence o' dust? Man delights, not me. Nor woman either, nor woman either.

Old
jediaction

Default 01-15-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceMaster00 View Post
Ima start copying you guys but for FPS games in my group.
For Reviews or games?

Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Default 01-15-2012, 12:20 PM

Games. Im going to be reviewing games.

What a piece of work is a man? How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and in motion, how express and admirable how like an angel! What apprehension oh how like a god! The beauty of thee world, the paragon of animals, and yet- to me, what is this quintessence o' dust? Man delights, not me. Nor woman either, nor woman either.

Tags
split screen wars