View Single Post
World stop issues(list will be updated when issues occur)
Old
sfunk

Default World stop issues(list will be updated when issues occur) - 06-26-2011, 08:08 PM

This list has been provided to me by X. these are problems he knows that will cause world stop or error issues. So try to avoid doing these things

-Setting the extrusion property of a 3d text object to zero causes the world to lose the ability to load properly

-Working with the Magician object or Ninja object at all causes object deformity and world stop

-Deleting a referenced object, removing its references, then leaving those references unchanged from <None> causes world stoppage

-Referencing any null property (e.g. the length of the first object in an empty list) = world stop

-Divide by zero or try to solve any other irrational equation = world stop

-Load too many objects or an object too complex for Alice to handle = DirectDraw error

-Deleting an object then undoing and redoing the deletion sometimes results in a phantom object which appears normal and can be manipulated, but doesn't appear on the item tree. if this occurs, immediately close Alice and continue form you last backup, as Alice will no longer save.

-Certain poorly constructed models can trigger a red-screen-of-death for Alice, meaning work cannot be saved. This is rare, however.

-Running processor intensive background applications slows Alice down and can crash it.

-Alice has a very serious memory leak, meaning the longer it runs, the more power it takes to continue running. Restarting the program every half hour or so is recommended, as is saving every fifteen minutes.

-Some copies/updates of Alice cannot handle sound and will stop upon the scheduled playing of one.

-Some copies of Alice will load the startup splash, then immediately close. Simply double click the Startup icon again to open Alice if this occurs.

-Sometimes, Alice will freeze at the startup splash. If this happens, end the Alice.exe process in Task Manager

If you are stuck on a project, check out the tutorials I made here at this link:

http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=36778#post36778

There are lots of tutorials on it so far, including some youtube videos, check it out

Or..

Go to my youtube channel to check out my alice 2.2 tutorials I have there..

http://www.youtube.com/user/sfunk1992?feature=mhsn