Thread: RP4 Prototype
View Single Post
Old
sfunk

Default 04-02-2012, 11:31 AM

That's good. Did you try circle-strafing and tracking the zombie simultaneously? I found that difficult, but perhaps that's unique to my system.

I didn't have any trouble while strafing around

Switching between auto-fire and button mashing could be difficult to implement. I'll consider it a secondary-priority feature.

I kind of figured it would have been troublesome, but something to keep in mind of course for future projects

I can easily change the keys used to switch the weapons. In fact, I may be able to work a way to customize controls in-game. Should the number keys be used for the power activations then?

The in game customization would be great so everyone could set it to what works best for them, and numbers for power activation would logical, assigning weakest power a low number and go up in strength with number

I was considering adding a HUD to track your ammo and health, among other things, but since that's easily done, I wanted to test the physical mechanics before moving on.

Makes sense to wait to do the easy stuff

Not using the second gun is possible to add and could be used plausibly to make reloading faster, but otherwise there's no real advantage to it (there's no recoil or accuracy modifiers to consider as of now). I doubt I'll add it, since I was planning on implementing upgrades for the guns (damage, clip size, reload speed, etc.) already.

Well pile on the weapons then haha

And I plan on giving it plenty of flair, I just didn't want it to turn out like RP Trophies: liked for the flair, panned for the gameplay issues.

Well life is all about trying, and if you fail, at least you know not to do it that way again

Thanks for taking the time to test it. I really appreciate it.

No problem, glad to help out. and almost forgot to say this. maybe make a key to UNlock the mouse instead of having to use the backspace key

If you are stuck on a project, check out the tutorials I made here at this link:

http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=36778#post36778

There are lots of tutorials on it so far, including some youtube videos, check it out

Or..

Go to my youtube channel to check out my alice 2.2 tutorials I have there..

http://www.youtube.com/user/sfunk1992?feature=mhsn

Last edited by sfunk; 04-02-2012 at 11:49 AM.