View Single Post
My first Alice Game
Old
wongwanchap

Default My first Alice Game - 04-20-2009, 12:43 PM

Hello!! Long time no see.

I have joint a Alice Game Competition. And I using a lot of time to make this game. The game is quite large. (Coz there are lots of pics inside)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4dbd5u

This game is a board game, including some sub game (totally 5)
hope u like it..

This is my first Alice Game, also will be my last Alice game.
I use almost two week to finish this game, but actually it can finish faster.
Some problems make me spend more time on it.
And there is some comment for improve the Alice software:
1.) When I save a world or open a world, it take so long. Loading need long time can be understanding, but actually can improve the saving process, so taking less time.
2.) Sometimes when I finish saving the world (no error msg), then I open the world, a error msg pop up, and say the file can't open. It's very sad thing, I lost all my works. (it happen to me twice) But the luck thing is Alice itself have auto back up. (But I still very angry with it)
3.) Drag and drop concept is quite a good thing. But after I create lots of object, it seems the "drag and drop" become very slow. I could prefer better performance rather than better interface.
4.) It seems the Alice software will slow down, if will open it for a while. But after restart Alice, it seems the speed become normal. (due to the "undo" function?)

This three main problems, make me using a lots of time to finish my game.

Btw, I use a lot of new concept in this program.
And sorry about the Chinese, I make the game in Chinese...(Change it to English will be a huge job)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg logo.jpg (14.8 KB, 230 views)

Last edited by wongwanchap; 01-14-2010 at 08:38 PM. Reason: link expired