View Single Post
Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 06-16-2011, 03:57 PM

Searching through Newegg (Very reliable vendor) for an Intel alternative, I found this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834152265
Pros:
-It's Intel. If there's one thing Intel is good at, it's making fairly strong, and very hardy processors. The problem with your AMD choice is that AMD processors tend to burn out at high temperatures, and of all things, you're using a laptop, which tend to heat up extremely fast. According to cpubenchmark.net, the Intel processor found is ~400 points higher than your AMD II X2, which is actually quite significant. The problem is the i3 series tends to be single core, and you would probably want a dual core processor.
-The monitors are the same size, however this one is thinner and more light weight.
-Contains an All-In-One card reader, as well as HDMI output for your TV
-Newegg. They have a 30 day RMA guarantee, and last time I ordered from them, it was a gigantic box full of peanuts, so your laptop definitely won't be DOA.
Cons: Integrated Graphics. According to videocardbenchmark.net, the score for Intel's HD Graphics—equivalent of an HD 4200M—which holds a score of 109. Your HD 4250M has a score of 139. It's not that much of a difference, in fact I doubt you will find any.
-MSi. While MSi is a good manufacturer—very good in fact, especially their graphics cards—Dell definitely proves the better, at least when you exclude the 2008 case.

Other than this, they are exactly the same. IMO, I prefer this one I found, though I suppose that's a given