Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Works-In-Progress (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Blender (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=9940)

bob3584 02-23-2013 08:19 PM

Blender

3 Attachment(s)
Ok, I have been working with Blender for around 2 months, but I have only made objects for the last two days. Anyway, please tell me what you think and how I could make them better. Thank you.

NOTE: These are all works in progress, none of them are completed yet.

There is a LEGO person, I only started it tonight.
There is also a person I started last night, and a little alien that I made today.

NOTE: Keep in mind, these are made with only a days work and two days of experience, so please don't be to critical.

sfunk 02-23-2013 11:50 PM

Well for a beginner, they aren't too bad looking. The lego man looks like the beginning of a lego man, alien looks cool so far, and if you are going for a serious person model, you might want to youtube and get a good basic foundation of knowledge before attempting a person. There is a lot of topology and structures of a human that are difficult without the right basis. But not bad, keep up the work and you'll start doing some pretty great models.

fourbros 02-24-2013 08:08 AM

bob3584, when you finish the lego man, are you going to make a lego game?

bob3584 02-24-2013 01:29 PM

@Sfunk: I know quite a lot about how the human body is supposed to look like, after all, I am a pretty good artist. And yes, I have been watching as many tutorials as I can, I have been on the computer doing Blender for somewhere around 20 hours in the last 2 days. I have found that Andrew Price has some very high-end tutorials on his website BlenderGuru.com. However, most of his videos won't play on my school computer, so I can only watch the those on Vimeo.com.:rolleyes:

EDIT: Sfunk, did you model your avatar?

@Fourbros: Maybe if I can, I'll try to make a Lego Universe tribute, but I would need help with textures. I'm also planning on making a game like Little Big Planet except with guns! Both of the games will be made in Blender, which I will then export as .exe files and then (maybe) post them here.:cool:

GameKid 02-24-2013 07:10 PM

LittleBigPlanet with guns? That's like Tetris with blood and gore.
Sounds... Interesting.

bob3584 02-24-2013 07:56 PM

No, No, no. The only similarity would be the sack people, and it wouldn't have gore.

sfunk 03-02-2013 02:05 AM

EDIT: Sfunk, did you model your avatar?

Yes I did, I use to make quite a few models for the use in the community back when I had the time for it. And You may be a good artist, But modeling smooth curves and realistic topology without an extremely large amount of polygons isn't as easy as you'd think. Tutorials are always a great jumping point especially if they show neat tricks or shortcuts to get the desired result.

bob3584 03-02-2013 06:20 PM

Ok. By the way, what exactly do you do on the forums? I've never actually seen you do anything, yet you have over 1,000 posts.

sfunk 04-07-2013 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=bob3584;52534]Ok. By the way, what exactly do you do on the forums? I've never actually seen you do anything, yet you have over 1,000 posts.[/QUOTE]

I use to do a lot on these forums. I even have a sticky of all of my tutorial videos in the help section. I also use to make models and take request for users. I was pretty much one of the guys who helped the new alice users. Also I made a few games like killer words and resident hyrule, which never seemed to work for most of the users on the forums, so I really never bothered to go too much further with the game making. That's pretty much it I guess, I was a pretty active member for a little over a year, however; a full time job and college kind of stopped that.

bob3584 04-07-2013 11:21 PM

Ok.