Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Objects (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Metal Gear! (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7196)

Zack Strife 09-08-2011 08:02 PM

Metal Gear!

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a model I made of Metal Gear Rex, based off of referencing from Metal Gear Solids Portable Ops+ and Twin Snakes. I realize that the Part Origins are off, that's because I made it in Sketchup. Of anyone has any Ideas to make it look better, or fix things on it I would Like to know.

p.s. sorry for the bad pic, Alice wasn't working too well in the moment so I had to open it in Slow and Steady

x2495iiii 09-08-2011 11:03 PM

Ha! That's great!

Does the cockpit open to reveal a grouchy blonde clone who gripes about genes?

Mr Kidnapper 09-08-2011 11:43 PM

Making it better: I won't bug you on texture details, since I can't do those either, but step 1 would be to get everything off the first subobject level and make a proper subobject hierarchy. After that would be to either finish or remove the walk sequence method. Then, the model as an alice object needs to be resized to its approximate size. Use the already ingame vehicles as a reference. If MGS stated any physical dimensions, Alice can measure in meters.

Zack Strife 09-09-2011 05:51 AM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;41460]Ha! That's great!

Does the cockpit open to reveal a grouchy blonde clone who gripes about genes?[/QUOTE]

:D Lol! thats Funny! I dont have A blond Clone yet, but There is a space in the cockpit

[QUOTE=Mr Kidnapper;41461]Making it better: I won't bug you on texture details, since I can't do those either, but step 1 would be to get everything off the first subobject level and make a proper subobject hierarchy. After that would be to either finish or remove the walk sequence method. Then, the model as an alice object needs to be resized to its approximate size. Use the already ingame vehicles as a reference. If MGS stated any physical dimensions, Alice can measure in meters.[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me a good program that I can use To make a subpart hierarchy? I'm working that on another computer, I can upload it when I finish, and the physical dimensions aren't found in-game the best I can do is base it off of character height (usually approx. 2 meters or so)

jediaction 09-09-2011 10:12 AM

Sweet. That looks pretty cool. When the texture is placed on it, I will review it.

meeatpizza 09-09-2011 12:53 PM

looks cool:D

Zack Strife 09-09-2011 01:53 PM

Well, I don't know how to convert it so it can accept textures. I go through Blender than Biturn, so it doesn't accept textures. How would I be able to fix that?

David B 09-09-2011 03:27 PM

Love it!

jediaction 09-09-2011 08:37 PM

[QUOTE=Zack Strife;41481]Well, I don't know how to convert it so it can accept textures. I go through Blender than Biturn, so it doesn't accept textures. How would I be able to fix that?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. I don't know how to use Blender or Biturn

Zack Strife 09-09-2011 09:38 PM

hm It's the way that It's done on X's video, I believe that the texture problem is created in Blender. How do you convert from Sketchup?

And BTW thanks for all of the positive comments, everyone