Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Worlds (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Tango217 Presents: 2 Player 3D PONG!! (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3993)

tango217 02-26-2010 09:55 PM

Tango217 Presents: 2 Player 3D PONG!!

1 Attachment(s)
This is version 1.0 of my pong game. Please download and tell me what you think!! :D

**MAKE SURE YOU READ THE DESCRIPTION IN GAME AND HERE FIRST PLEASE**
If you want to see some of the advanced programming that went into making this game work, take a gander through the various world methods. There's some pretty intense codes goin' on in those. Also take a look at how many variables that the game required for the different distance measurements, speeds, angles, and other values that get tracked. It's these conditions, variables, and advanced methods that cause the game to lag slightly at times unfortunately although IMO I don't think this detracts from the game's fun. I mention the bugs in the game notes.

A couple cool things about the game is that if your paddle is moving downward and if the ball is moving downward as well and they make contact, then the ball will increase speed and steepen its bounce angle. And the other way around too if the paddle and the ball are moving in the opposite direction. This makes the game much more realistic.

I hope everyone enjoys my game! And if you come across any bugs that aren't already mentioned or want to know how I made certain things work please let me know. Thanks!!

DemonBoy113 02-26-2010 11:13 PM

thats pretty beast. demonboy approves lol
:D

tango217 02-27-2010 12:54 AM

why thank you sir. :D spent alot of time on this one. tho the game seems simple, the coding is really complicated.

shaydon 02-27-2010 01:20 AM

[QUOTE=tango217;17654]why thank you sir. :D spent alot of time on this one. tho the game seems simple, the coding is really complicated.[/QUOTE]

this is cool although i need someone to play with lol:D

tango217 02-27-2010 01:27 AM

haha true. i ended up playing with myself every time to test it. got kinda tedious :(

shaydon 02-27-2010 01:39 AM

[QUOTE=tango217;17657]haha true. i ended up playing with myself every time to test it. got kinda tedious :([/QUOTE]

maybe this could be one of those online games being made

tango217 02-27-2010 01:49 AM

[QUOTE=shaydon;17658]maybe this could be one of those online games being made[/QUOTE]

What do you mean online games being made??

zonedabone 02-27-2010 09:32 AM

Those with mouths bigger than their brains are theorizing that we can make complex online games, when all of the modules for online interaction are missing! Sheesh! The only way to make it work is if there was an Alice patch.
(HINT HINT HINT) *COUGH* *[SIZE=1]whisper[SIZE=2]*[/SIZE][/SIZE]

tango217 02-27-2010 01:28 PM

[QUOTE=zonedabone;17665]Those with mouths bigger than their brains are theorizing that we can make complex online games, when all of the modules for online interaction are missing! Sheesh! The only way to make it work is if there was an Alice patch.
(HINT HINT HINT) *COUGH* *[SIZE=1]whisper[SIZE=2]*[/SIZE][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

They should come up with a patch, first to make the capacity of data or complexity in coding greater without the lag that is present now, and second for online interaction. Also is there a way i can convert an a2w to a java file? Or run an a2w on Alice 3.0 beta?

zonedabone 02-27-2010 01:38 PM

Actually, I'm working on a patch. Just add it on your world, and it'll save all the necessary files to your Alice installation! I'm also hoping to have it read files from the internet, so I can add updates to it without people having to update worlds!