Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Worlds (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The Warehouse Game(shooter) (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6321)

sfunk 04-13-2011 09:25 PM

The Warehouse Game(shooter)

1 Attachment(s)
This is a new FPS system i created for myself to use, it is kinda glitchy still, i hope to fix it soon, this is the full game for now.

-enemies bullets don't always register a hit
-lack of environment (will add on later)
-I'm knew to using variables, so while using them for health kinda gets glitchy.
-Controls are given in the game
-somewhat short and easy (all depends on how much it glitches)
-Will eventually add more to this

Hope you all check it out, and enjoy, give some feedback if you'd like.

jediaction 04-14-2011 08:36 AM

[B][I]Feedback...

[/I][/B][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]Pros:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]No glitches![/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Very exciting ending[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]Cons:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Bad gun range[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Turns way to slow[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black]Overall[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4]80/100 by [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Chrome[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Games[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][FONT=Courier New]The game was gun and I love the cookie at the end. That shows that I beat it...Now, the gun range was horribls and the camera was aiming a little to low. What's up with the turning; Why is it super slow?[/FONT][/B]

arty-fishL 04-14-2011 10:43 AM

That was fun, it was a good game. I think the person moved too slowly though and it would have been better if you could turn the camera vertically as well. But good work anyway.

sfunk 04-14-2011 12:31 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;34027][B][I]Feedback...

[/I][/B][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]Pros:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]No glitches![/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Very exciting ending[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]Cons:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Bad gun range[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Turns way to slow[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black]Overall[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4]80/100 by [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Chrome[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Games[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][FONT=Courier New]The game was gun and I love the cookie at the end. That shows that I beat it...Now, the gun range was horribls and the camera was aiming a little to low. What's up with the turning; Why is it super slow?[/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know why it turns so slowly :( it's something that i have been trying to work on, and for the person speed i was having trouble have the person move and allow the bullet checks to be accurate (any suggestions?) and thank you for checking it out :D and the cookie i thought to be suitable haha
And one more thing, i had a lot of difficulty getting the bullets to be accurate at far ranges which is why i made them so low (any suggestions there?)

jediaction 04-14-2011 04:37 PM

The bullets shouldnt have a problem if they stick to the camera. The distance should just be, have the bullets move a little bit faster, and farther. It wont hurt to try it. Just see how far it goes by doing that.

sfunk 04-14-2011 04:41 PM

i tried a lot of variations to get those further distances to work, i'll work on it again sometime becuase that is what i did, but i plan on working more on the game, so thanks for the tip

jediaction 04-14-2011 04:42 PM

np

zero00 04-24-2011 08:41 AM

I looked at the game, and I noticed the bulletcheck object is off-center. It moves slightly to the right.

The turning speed of the camera seems fine to me, by the way.

Edit: I looked at it again. The bulletcheck is fine. Its the crosshair. It's a little too far to the left. That's all.

sfunk 04-24-2011 06:07 PM

[QUOTE=zero00;34511]I looked at the game, and I noticed the bulletcheck object is off-center. It moves slightly to the right.

The turning speed of the camera seems fine to me, by the way.

Edit: I looked at it again. The bulletcheck is fine. Its the crosshair. It's a little too far to the left. That's all.[/QUOTE]

yeah i noticed that awhile ago, i just forgot to post anything about it, i kinda forgot about this project, im starting to learn java scripting so Alice hasn't really been much of a priority haha.

Mr Kidnapper 04-25-2011 08:01 PM

When I am too close to the target, shots don't seem to register. Also, I can fire while reloading. The bullet meter is wrong when I fire while reloading. I fire 3 shots while reloading, the gun finishes reloading and the last two bullets on the far right side are ignored.