Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Bugs and Troubleshooting (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Still saving 20 minutes later (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7836)

TauTrumpsPi 12-18-2011 05:04 PM

Still saving 20 minutes later

Hey guys

I started saving my world, forgetting that I added a 40 mb sound file that I wasn't even using, and not deleting it. Now, 20 minutes later, it is still saving, stuck on that sound file. It doesn't appear to be frozen. Should I just wait, or restore from my backup an hour ago?

TauTrumpsPi 12-18-2011 05:11 PM

I feel like a stalker: Arty, I saw that you were on, looked at your profile, then saw that you were viewing this thread. You'll probably see this after you post. Meanwhile, I keep refreshing to make sure your still viewing and you haven't posted yet

TauTrumpsPi 12-18-2011 05:24 PM

Never mind it finished.

arty-fishL 12-18-2011 05:32 PM

[QUOTE=TauTrumpsPi;44836]I feel like a stalker: Arty, I saw that you were on, looked at your profile, then saw that you were viewing this thread. You'll probably see this after you post. Meanwhile, I keep refreshing to make sure your still viewing and you haven't posted yet[/QUOTE][QUOTE=TauTrumpsPi;44837]Never mind it finished.[/QUOTE]I got distracted.

Mr Kidnapper 12-18-2011 06:37 PM

Large single files take very long times to save in Alice. This is evident when I created the Ocean template world, with the 12MB skydome. If you want to add 5MB+ files into Alice, you should create a very small dummy file in place of the real file and [I]then[/I] save. After saving, open the world file as a .ZIP and replace it with the large file. Saving outside of Alice should take you no longer than a few seconds, even with Best Compression on.

arty-fishL 12-18-2011 06:50 PM

[QUOTE=Mr Kidnapper;44856]Large single files take very long times to save in Alice. This is evident when I created the Ocean template world, with the 12MB skydome. If you want to add 5MB+ files into Alice, you should create a very small dummy file in place of the real file and [I]then[/I] save. After saving, open the world file as a .ZIP and replace it with the large file. Saving outside of Alice should take you no longer than a few seconds, even with Best Compression on.[/QUOTE]What a good idea. Seems you know a lot about the a2w files.

jediaction 12-18-2011 09:03 PM

The way it says what thread your viewing is lagged. I had that happen to, but that person didn't comment until days later..but whatever, moving back to the normal subject.

dakota95 12-19-2011 10:00 AM

[QUOTE=jediaction;44871]The way it says what thread your viewing is lagged. I had that happen to, but that person didn't comment until days later..but whatever, moving back to the normal subject.[/QUOTE]

back to what you said, it is only lagged by 10 - 30 seconds. I've played around with my own account and noticed that it does lag quite a bit, but several days? That's not lag, that is telling the future.

now back to the main subject.......

jediaction 12-19-2011 10:57 AM

[QUOTE=dakota95;44885]back to what you said, it is only lagged by 10 - 30 seconds. I've played around with my own account and noticed that it does lag quite a bit, but several days? That's not lag, that is telling the future.

now back to the main subject.......[/QUOTE]

No no, not days, but several minutes....ok, now back to the main subject.