Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Works-In-Progress (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Turn-Based Game (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=2448)

x2495iiii 03-28-2009 12:02 AM

Turn-Based Game

Here's my newest project: A Turn-Based Game!

This is only the very first version, so as of now it's only a fight between the player (who has some superpowers, like my personal favorite: telekinesis) and two monsters: a skeleton and a wolf.

Some things to know:

The skeleton is tougher but less accurate when attacking than the wolf. (Wolf has 70% accuracy, skeleton has 49%)

The run button doesn't do anything yet.

You can use your special attack twice, and it's five times as powerful as your normal attack.

You can only endure five attacks before you croak.

That should be it. Let me know if there are any bugs I've missed so far. Enjoy!

x2495iiii 03-28-2009 06:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Version one of the world: Just the fighting mechanics

x2495iiii 03-31-2009 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well here's the latest version. Enable the first method event at the top of the events list to see the opening cutscene of the story when you start the world. If you keep it disabled and press spacebar, you can trigger random battles (up to three monsters at a time, three different skeleton types and three similar wolf types.

Please report any bugs you find, and any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

madden 04-02-2009 12:53 PM

Wow. Awesome job! :)
You have a new fan. ^^

And to answer your question, yes. Yes he is. XD

Chris101b 04-09-2009 12:45 AM

Wow, this is awesome!! I have a few ideas though. (I know you aren't done with it yet and might add some of this stuff later, but w/e) You should definitely add bars or numbers for health and power. As it is, I am having trouble telling how many more hits I can take before I die. I also came across a glitch when starting a random battle. Two enemies started off in the same spot. They were both on the right side. Other than that, I really like this game. I love the skeleton animation. : )

x2495iiii 04-21-2009 10:44 PM

thanks chris! I've fixed that glitch already, plus a couple of others and added an option which lets you maneuver through the attack menus at will instead of clicking the button then being forced to choose a target instead of going back. I also added a number that pops up for each attack made by/against you that shows the damage done. I've also cleaned up the wolf's attack animation (no little leg twitch before he lunges anymore) and streamlined the code so that there's less unnecessary repetition.

What I need now are some creative ways to use telekinesis in battle...

I've already thought of pushing, crushing, throwing into the air, tripping (by pulling their legs out from under them), repelling attacks, and possibly even cutting (though that'd be difficult to animate).

Any other ideas?