Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Super Smash Bros. Thread (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=11140)

fourbros 05-26-2015 03:08 PM

Super Smash Bros. Thread

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;56266]I play Monster Hunter on 3ds myself. That's multiplayer as well, if anyone here is interested.

I have a PS3 and mic, but none of the games you listed.[/QUOTE]

You have a 3ds? Do you have Smash Bros?

x2495iiii 05-27-2015 04:35 AM

Yup, on 3ds and WiiU

Loves me some smash. I'm not too bad with Little Mac and Pac-Man, either.

[QUOTE=Funnybone;56269]That sucks, hope you get the listed soon. (it can be any game)[/QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of the crime-sandbox games. GTA, SR, Postal, Prototype, etc. Killing randoms for no reason is not my thing.

I've got Uncharted 3 and Lost Planet 2 though.

x2495iiii 06-01-2015 06:01 AM

[QUOTE=fourbros;56308]No, he simply disagreed with you. Sheesh, you always act so dramatic.[/QUOTE]

This.

Also, someone here mentioned SSB4.

Who has it? 3ds or WiiU? Favorite character?

This stuff is important.

fourbros 06-01-2015 08:17 AM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;56315]This.

Also, someone here mentioned SSB4.

Who has it? 3ds or WiiU? Favorite character?

This stuff is important.[/QUOTE]

3DS. Marth, all day every day :D
You cannot stop my aerial-based spamming tactics.

Favorite stage: Onett (been my favorite since Melee) and Prism Tower (Pokemon). I've played the Wii U version and I'd have to say that it's probably better though.

RavenOfCode 06-01-2015 08:24 AM

[QUOTE=fourbros;56318]3DS. Marth, all day every day :D
You cannot stop my aerial-based spamming tactics.

Favorite stage: Onett (been my favorite since Melee) and Prism Tower (Pokemon). I've played the Wii U version and I'd have to say that it's probably better though.[/QUOTE]

Naw... captain falcon :) Hes op... all his B moves are epic... :)

x2495iiii 06-01-2015 08:30 AM

I main Little Mac.

He's...not a great jumper, and all his mid-air attacks are weak, so I'd probably stay on the ground, counter any overhead attacks, and grab you when you land so you can't counter me back.

Or maybe I'd just throw haymakers like a crazy man, I dunno.

[QUOTE=RavenOfCode;56319]Naw... captain falcon :) Hes op... all his B moves are epic... :)[/QUOTE]

Nah, the dash move is short and leaves him WAY open when he falls down.

And Falcon Punch is awesome, but it leaves more than enough time to hit counter before it lands.

What's epic is Mac's KO Uppercut. It hits, you're out, period.

RavenOfCode 06-01-2015 11:17 AM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;56321]I main Little Mac.

He's...not a great jumper, and all his mid-air attacks are weak, so I'd probably stay on the ground, counter any overhead attacks, and grab you when you land so you can't counter me back.

Or maybe I'd just throw haymakers like a crazy man, I dunno.

Nah, the dash move is short and leaves him WAY open when he falls down.

And Falcon Punch is awesome, but it leaves more than enough time to hit counter before it lands.

What's epic is Mac's KO Uppercut. It hit's, you're out, period.[/QUOTE]

Use both dash moves, and some A combos to finish the person off... then if they try to jump away/jump attack you use your jump up and grab move.

I like Dark Pit too... hes cool...

fourbros 06-01-2015 11:44 AM

[QUOTE=RavenOfCode;56319]Naw... captain falcon :) Hes op... all his B moves are epic... :)[/QUOTE]

So you're a Captain Falcon player, huh? Well, I'd like to say that Mr. [SIZE="6"]Falcon PPAAUUNNCCHH[/SIZE] is really annoying to play against. Especially when a certain player I know uses the falcon kick into grab/uppercut move combo.

BTW, to X, Little Mac is OP. Seriously, whenever I play online, everyone seems to use him.

x2495iiii 06-01-2015 12:34 PM

He's only OP if you don't know how to use his weaknesses against him.

He's not like Brawl's Meta Knight where you CAN'T escape his combos, air, ground, or edge. Even his neutral-A combo only does about 10-20 damage before the opponent escapes automatically.

If I'm fighting Little Mac myself, I camp on the edge, guard until I can grab, then back-throw and edgeguard. His mid-air jump is awful and his recovery moves are garbage. If you're a flying character, or if you can get a spike, he's done for after the throw. He can try countering a mid-air move, but he can't attack back.

He also has no good guards against projectiles. No reflect, no absorb, no return fire, no crawl evade, no jump evade. Soften him with some zappy things then chuck him.

If you're losing against him, it means the person is either good enough that they've earned the victory, or you're not playing it right.

[QUOTE=RavenOfCode;56324]Use both dash moves, and some A combos to finish the person off... then if they try to jump away/jump attack you use your jump up and grab move.

I like Dark Pit too... hes cool...[/QUOTE]

His neutral A combo is too slow to be useful.

And his Up-B attack is cool but every time I've used it I've been underwhelmed. It's not as powerful as it looks like it should be.

I like Dark Pit's forward-B, that's fun to spam. I'm surprised they didn't call him PitToo like they did in Uprising though :p

x2495iiii 06-01-2015 03:32 PM

Official SSB thread. Yay!

Anyone had a chance to put the 8 player matches on WiiU to good use?

I'd love to get an 8-person couch match going (I think that's possible?), but the amount of expensive peripherals it requires is absurd.

RavenOfCode 06-01-2015 03:54 PM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;56331]Official SSB thread. Yay!

Anyone had a chance to put the 8 player matches on WiiU to good use?

I'd love to get an 8-person couch match going (I think that's possible?), but the amount of expensive peripherals it requires is absurd.[/QUOTE]

Ive played 8 player before... its alot of fun especially on stock... :)

fourbros 06-01-2015 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=RavenOfCode;56332]Ive played 8 player before... its alot of fun especially on stock... :)[/QUOTE]

It doesn't sound especially fun to me for some reason. Tbh, my favorite fight type is 1v1, 2 stock, no items except for the Smash Ball, assist trophies, and Pokemon. Doesn't get much better than that.

I was wondering what the oldest Smash game you've played is (that sentence sounds grammatically incorrect). I played Melee first, and I don't get why people act like it's the pinnacle of gaming. It's faster and doesn't have random slipping, but I feel like the Smash Ball makes up for it.

PS: Thanks for making this thread X :) .

[IMG]https://i.imgflip.com/mb1bs.jpg[/IMG]

RavenOfCode 06-01-2015 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=fourbros;56333]It doesn't sound especially fun to me for some reason. Tbh, my favorite fight type is 1v1, 2 stock, no items except for the Smash Ball, assist trophies, and Pokemon. Doesn't get much better than that.

I was wondering what the oldest Smash game you've played is (that sentence sounds grammatically incorrect). I played Melee first, and I don't get why people act like it's the pinnacle of gaming. It's faster and doesn't have random slipping, but I feel like the Smash Ball makes up for it.

PS: Thanks for making this thread X :) .

[IMG]https://i.imgflip.com/mb1bs.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I started with Super Smash Bros wii version, and have moved on and played the wiiU version, cuz its better ;)

And yes that sentence does sound grammatically incorrect :)

fourbros 06-01-2015 04:20 PM

[QUOTE=RavenOfCode;56334]I started with Super Smash Bros wii version, and have moved on and played the wiiU version, cuz its better ;)

And yes that sentence does sound grammatically incorrect :)[/QUOTE]

I should've wrote: "What Super Smash Bros game did you guys play first?" .
That sounds better ;)

Funnybone 06-01-2015 06:02 PM

What do you know, somebody was able to listen and make an official thread for SSBs. Huh. :)

x2495iiii 06-01-2015 06:27 PM

I started with the first one for N64. I actually played it so long with my family once that I passed out from lack of sleep. Ha. Kids.

Yup, played 'em all. Melee is only fun for people who like fighting games too much. It's got concepts that appeal to them, like wave-dashing and L-Canceling. Personally, I hated it once the Wii version came out. I like using Link to down throw near an edge, then spin attack. Sends them diagonally downward off the edge. Not many can recover from that : )

fourbros 06-01-2015 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;56337]I started with the first one for N64. I actually played it so long with my family once that I passed out from lack of sleep. Ha. Kids.

Yup, played 'em all. Melee is only fun for people who like fighting games too much. It's got concepts that appeal to them, like wave-dashing and L-Canceling. Personally, I hated it once the Wii version came out. I like using Link to down throw near an edge, then spin attack. Sends them diagonally downward off the edge. Not many can recover from that : )[/QUOTE]

You sound like a guy that goes to tournaments and has every character's strengths and weaknesses memorized :p

I've never played video games until I fell asleep; I can't fall asleep if a TV is on.

x2495iiii 06-02-2015 04:44 AM

Nah, I'm terrible at the game on a global scale, but I'm good at local stuff, like couch co-op. Also I play too much : p.

One time a guy from high school casually asked if I played SSBB. Gave him my friend code. That evening, he mopped the floor with me. As Sonic. SONIC.

Every time I play as Sonic, I do horribly, and this guy just wrecks me as him.

Ah. Man lots of good memories for that game.

Anyone mess with those new Amiibo fighter things?

RavenOfCode 06-02-2015 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;56340]Nah, I'm terrible at the game on a global scale, but I'm good at local stuff, like couch co-op. Also I play too much : p.

One time a guy from high school casually asked if I played SSBB. Gave him my friend code. That evening, he mopped the floor with me. As Sonic. SONIC.

Anyone mess with those new Amiibo fighter things?[/QUOTE]

The mii's? I have a friend whos really good at those... like really REALLY good...

x2495iiii 06-02-2015 09:52 AM

The Mii fighters are great, but I'm talking about the Amiibos, the little toys you tap on the controller to make them fight you.

I have Zelda and Link. They're pretty tough on their own, but as a team they're insane. Link spams boomerangs and forward smashes while Zelda supports from the edge of the stage with fireballs you can't see until you're exploded.

fourbros 06-02-2015 10:40 AM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;56340]Nah, I'm terrible at the game on a global scale, but I'm good at local stuff, like couch co-op. Also I play too much : p.

Anyone mess with those new Amiibo fighter things?[/QUOTE]

No amibos for me. And you lost to a guy using SONIC?! Come on man, that's pathetic (JKJK I'd probably badly lose to a serious SSB player as well.)

Has anyone here collected all of the trophies in a Smash game? I'm pretty sure that I got all of them in Melee, and most of them in Brawl.

x2495iiii 06-02-2015 11:16 AM

I 100%'d Melee. Took FOREVER to get that Final Challenge against Mewtwo, Ganondorf, and Giga Bowser, but I got it. Link's forward smash has a big enough hitbox to hit all three of them if you charge right in like a madman and are lucky enough not to get punished.

Fox is easier, since his blaster makes them glitch out and guard until their shield breaks.

Brawl I don't know if I'll ever 100%. I can't beat Boss Rush on Insane. I've gotten to the final boss, the neon angel guy, three times, and every time I lose my last life to that shockwave attack that you have to sidestep three times to dodge, and insta-KO's if it hits. I'm not using a hammer on the challenge reward box, either. I have my pride.

CodeMan 06-02-2015 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=fourbros;56343]No amibos for me. And you lost to a guy using SONIC?! Come on man, that's pathetic (JKJK I'd probably badly lose to a serious SSB player as well.)

Has anyone here collected all of the trophies in a Smash game? I'm pretty sure that I got all of them in Melee, and most of them in Brawl.[/QUOTE]

Never gotten that far... all i play it is just fighting with my freinds... im a bit of a causal gamer...

-Raven

x2495iiii 06-04-2015 07:47 AM

Ok, new question for you guys:

Home Run Contest - What's your best distance, and with who?

I'm absolutely shameless when it comes to that particular minigame, so I just checked YouTube for a nice strategy and aped it. I saw one for Ganondorf where you kick until time's almost up and then do the turnaround wizard punch, no bat needed. That worked great!

I'll have to check the distance when I get home : p

fourbros 06-04-2015 06:33 PM

Have never gotten into Home run mode; just doesn't interest me. Has anyone ever beaten All-Star mode on Very Hard? It's ridiculous.

DensetsuNoKaboom 06-05-2015 01:45 PM

[IMG]http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/lucas/screen-8.jpg[/IMG]
Look at these cute children! I can only hope Lucas gets some more difference from Ness...

On a somewhat related subject, has anyone tried out Mewtwo?

x2495iiii 06-08-2015 06:54 AM

LUCAS! YES!

Love that Up Smash.

Also, I was kind of spooked away from using MewTwo by the glitch that was reported where you can get banned from playing online by using him in Multi-Man Smash

I figured I'd give it a bit more time before I start shopping for DLC.

x2495iiii 06-15-2015 12:30 PM

RYU AND ROY!

WOOHOO!

This guy is gonna spam hadokens until the buttons break...

fourbros 06-15-2015 02:03 PM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;56395]RYU AND ROY!

WOOHOO!

This guy is gonna spam hadokens until the buttons break...[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://mms.businesswire.com/media/20150614005067/en/472449/4/WiiU_SSB_screens_061415_MiiCostumes_Lucas_Ryu_Roy_05.jpg?download=1[/IMG]

Heck Yeah! Although......did we really need another sword-wielding Fire Emblem character?

DensetsuNoKaboom 06-16-2015 07:57 AM

Of course. This game just wouldn't be complete without the combined forces of Marth, Fire Marth, Girl Marth, Fights-for-his-Friends, and Robin (with Future Marth).

In all seriousness, I can't complain about any of the Fire Emblem characters in the game, and I love Roy, but I think it would be nice if they branched out into the area of characters from Fire Emblem who don't have swords. Heck, put in a Pegasus Knight. How cool would that be?

x2495iiii 06-16-2015 08:23 AM

[QUOTE=DensetsuNoKaboom;56401]Of course. This game just wouldn't be complete without the combined forces of Marth, Fire Marth, Girl Marth, Fights-for-his-Friends, and Robin (with Future Marth).

In all seriousness, I can't complain about any of the Fire Emblem characters in the game, and I love Roy, but I think it would be nice if they branched out into the area of characters from Fire Emblem who don't have swords. Heck, put in a Pegasus Knight. How cool would that be?[/QUOTE]

VERY COOL.

Me, I'd like to fight as Pent.

Problem is he would basically be Robin but swordless.

Using Bolting from across the map would be excellent, though.

fourbros 06-16-2015 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;56403]VERY COOL.

Me, I'd like to fight as Pent.

Problem is he would basically be Robin but swordless.

Using Bolting from across the map would be excellent, though.[/QUOTE]

A Manakete would awesome. Who wouldn't want to play as a shape-shifting dragon-girl (Myrrh from Sacred Stones would be my choice).
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJU_czci31A[/url]

DensetsuNoKaboom 06-16-2015 06:09 PM

...I've never actually played Fire Emblem beyond the tutorial of the GBA game. I'm too bad at it XD

x2495iiii 06-17-2015 07:12 AM

Pent's a magic-man. Throws fireballs and lightning bolts stuff. Can't take a hit, though, if I recall correctly. But it's been years.

Actually, that'd be fun to have. A powerful projectile main with low weight. I guess he'd be closer to Lucas, actually.

I beat the first FE for the GBA. Tried the one for DS and hated it. The game forces you to kill off one of your characters right at the beginning. Kind of a dealbreaker for me, since one of my goals was keeping everyone alive in the GBA game.

Also, Bolting was a magic attack that had a criminally long range. There's this boss that used it and he sucked and I hated him, but you could glitch him into dropping it and keep it for yourself. Mwahahaha.