Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Worlds (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   FIRST GAME - Tank (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3103)

Dameria 12-06-2009 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just want to remind everyone that has played this game that the first camera view is a fixed view, and keeping it like that will ruin your gameplay experience, there are other camera views.

Click on the [B]cannon [/B]for a precise shot, and click on the [B]tank body[/B] or press [B]Enter [/B]for a over-the-tank view.
The other instructions are on the first post if you want to see them.

[i]Here is the download again just so you do not have to go back to the first page to download it[/i]

[b]REMEMBER TO CLICK TANK AND TURRET FOR DIFFERENT CAMERA VIEWS![/b]
[i]Its a very important part of the gameplay experience that some people do not do.[/i]

Taterific 02-24-2010 09:11 PM

Holy cow! I love the helicopter crash!
The explosion with the fire and all that. That was really cute! I mean... badass!
Him spinning down to his death. The twitching of the propellers...
very nice touches...

Dameria 02-24-2010 09:21 PM

:D Thanks, this was actually my first game and I did not know a lot about some techniques I know now that could have saved a lot of space. (19 MB wow!)

And also the twitching is actually a glitch that happens to help with the realty of the game :rolleyes:. Back then I did not know how to make the blades stop spinning, so I just made them spin the same direction backwards, and thats how the twitching happened lol

jediaction 02-25-2010 08:26 AM

I liked it a lot. Mabye for hero's mission 2, if i make mission 2 this year will have a realistic explosion

Lambda 03-08-2010 02:41 AM

lol, the game was sooo excellent. Make a sequel!

jediaction 03-08-2010 08:45 AM

It wasnt really a game

Dameria 03-08-2010 02:29 PM

Yea this was just more like my first attempt at making a shooting game, it doesn't really have a plot or storyline, just a bunch of methods. Thanks for liking it though, it means a lot :D

jediaction 03-08-2010 08:29 PM

Ok, if everyone is talking about the same game. I saw this as a simple fire and hit and everything crashes. If i missed something, I might of played the old version, everyoen is saying hwo this is a cool game and such?! IM confused, ill test it again later

Furyownage 05-16-2010 11:52 PM

good job i really like it. here are some ideas

make it so the helicopter movies in a circle as to make it more challenging to shoot. this is fairly easy to do with a simple method where you have move forward commands mixed with turn at speed commands on a loop. you have to be careful with that though.1 thing that can happen is after crash it keeps moving in a circle, so you will want to put a command to stop that. but if you try to do that it might want to just ignore the crash routine and dive through the ground.

but overall a good job and im impressed :)

Dameria 05-17-2010 03:28 PM

There is a lot of stuff that I could add to this game, but this was back when I didn't even use variables in the games I made. Everything I made was very simple and not very well programmed.

I am not going to fix this game, I am going to leave it as it is because it was the first game that I had every published here on the forums, and even though I can make it better, I want to leave it like this to show how far my programming skills have improved.