Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Objects (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   de_dust cs-map in alice (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4334)

zenteo 05-02-2010 11:20 AM

de_dust cs-map in alice

2 Attachment(s)
I'we used some time trying to convert the de_dust-map from Counter Strike 1.6 to Alice.

I finnished it today, so I just wanted to share it with you ;)

If you want me to try to convert another CS map for you then just ask.

~Zenteo

Dameria 05-02-2010 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Awesome map! The only thing is, it would be very hard to make this into a workable game because of collision detection. There are probably 1000 different walls in this map, and it would just make everything lag so much.

It could be used very well for movies/cinematic cut-scenes though!!

Download zenteo's .zip file if you want the .a2c. Download mine below if you just want it in a world format so you don't have to import it (just open it from Alice). If you are planning on putting this into your game that you have already started making, download his. All I did was import the map and add functions to use the WSAD keys to move around, and up and down arrow keys to go up and down. Just delete the events assigning movement to the keys pressed (if you want)

[b]Don't expect there to be collision detection, you will go through both the walls and the floor[/b]

shaydon 05-02-2010 03:22 PM

[quote=zenteo;20649]i'we used some time trying to convert the de_dust-map from counter strike 1.6 to alice.

I finnished it today, so i just wanted to share it with you ;)

if you want me to try to convert another cs map for you then just ask.

~zenteo[/quote]

omg thank you thank youi needed this :d:d:d:d:d

oh wait this is de_DUST1
can you please get de_dust 2 please

how did you convert them?

shaydon 05-02-2010 04:23 PM

Dameria
do you think you could help me with the collision?
i know your a busy person but this could realy help me out
i know your good at collision

Dameria 05-02-2010 04:42 PM

I was actually just now talking with x2495iiii about a collision detection that I might be able to implement here, but it would take a LONG time to put up all the walls. Even once I put all the walls and write the code for a lag-free collision detection on such a big map (I have a theory on how to do it), there would still probably be a LOT of glitches/bugs that I would have to work out. Game companies hire game testers to test their collision detection for them. The testers literally spend hours trying to go through walls and holes in the ground.

Maybe I can put the collision detection in, and then start a new thread publishing it and asking you guys to be my testers and to show me where.

jediaction 05-02-2010 07:09 PM

Very cool. Definatly A-TOM studios will use this. Then again, we cant use it because it was not uploaded by Shaydon and A-Tom studios does not use that stuff from outside the company

King Gamer(gorit) 05-02-2010 08:01 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;20663]Very cool. Definatly A-TOM studios will use this. Then again, we cant use it because it was not uploaded by Shaydon and A-Tom studios does not use that stuff from outside the company[/QUOTE]

Good point. Our quality control is now going to be a the point all models will be in house(except items we need to figure out axis for) and the whole idea of testers looking for glitches is what our company is looking in to.

jediaction 05-02-2010 08:05 PM

Yep, the beta testers will try and say the glitches, but it will be non glitchy enough to play and beat.

shaydon 05-02-2010 08:25 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;20663]Very cool. Definatly A-TOM studios will use this. Then again, we cant use it because it was not uploaded by Shaydon and A-Tom studios does not use that stuff from outside the company[/QUOTE]

i can upload a map file but i don't know ho to convert them
if zenteo can teach me how then we can get a map

King Gamer(gorit) 05-02-2010 10:49 PM

i dont think this will help us for a while. I have another project idea that it will however.