Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Questions and Comments (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   solutions to the chapters (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=389)

steven 10-03-2006 06:32 AM

solutions to the chapters

Does anybody know how i can get the solutions to the chapters??
I did send a mail to prentice hall ,but the only response i go was go to the teacher?:(

steven 10-03-2006 06:34 AM

help me please

i have a exam next week and i like to practice a lot with alice, but i need the solutions to the chapters can anybody help me with it ( i didn't got a password from prentice hall ,after sending them a mail)
many thanks

gabe 10-03-2006 12:25 PM

steven,

For security, Prentice Hall does not give out solutions (or passwords) to students. Can you not get the solutions from your teacher?

roofy 10-25-2006 06:12 PM

[QUOTE=gabe;1193]steven,

For security, Prentice Hall does not give out solutions (or passwords) to students. [/QUOTE]

... and what would be the security risk. Being able to hack into their server? Hell, if they think that, then I guess they never heard of the 12 year old boy who was capable of hacking into Microsofts server back I believe in July of 2003. My Point is if a 12 year old can hack into a server, then it must be so that anyone with the knowledge can too hack inro a server no matter if he/she is a student or not, and it is a shame that this publisher thinks that it would only be students.

In my opinion, I think having at least the odd numbers would help the students even more, just like how math books are printed.

gabe 10-26-2006 08:39 AM

Perhaps my choice of words was bad. :)

Solutions aren't given out publicly so that students don't cheat (at least we hope they don't).

DrJim 10-26-2006 10:24 AM

Plus if your [B]not[/B] a student and [B]not[/B] an "official" teacher, you're probably not a Prentice Hall customer (so they assume - and in my case that's likely to be true in the future) so they don't care about you (I'm keeping my language nice here :rolleyes: ).

Shadow Sovereign 10-30-2006 07:23 PM

Those corporate weenies...

/\
||
Umm... just kidding about the title... :D

But on a more serious note (notice the serious face :confused: ) I think it would be more expedient to allow a sort of help desk or something. My high school (not to be confused with the school dealing with Alice) has the ever-parent-popular Homework Hotline for those few students who don't have a clue about what they need to do and yet actually care about a good grade. I think something like that would probably help, except instead of a telephone number with some guy on the other line, busy eating a hot dog or something, there should be a forum or chatroom, or something along those lines...

DickBaldwin 04-02-2008 10:07 AM

JasonGawker is a spammer

For the first time since I joined the Alice forums, I am finding it necessary to add someone, the spammer JasonGawker, to my "ignore list." I guess I will find out if that list really works.

lanceA 04-02-2008 03:03 PM

It appears that he wants to sell books. ;)