Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Worlds (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Best Replicate Contest! (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6179)

jediaction 03-24-2011 01:58 PM

Best Replicate Contest!

1 Attachment(s)
I know the title is like waa? But thats what the description is for. I am starting a contest that is nothing like we have ever done before. It's who can make the best replicate screen shot of a video game. Like for example, find a poster of a game online and try to replicate it in Alice. Just post the screen shots side by side and I will decide on [B]April 13[/B] who one. Entries end April 8th

Rules!

1 entry per person
Billboards cant be the picture
Public vote and my vote ends April 18
We will have The qualifiers, then the Finals....then the winner! The winner will get something.

[B][I][U]What should it be?[/U][/I][/B]

[I][B][U]Example...[/U][/B][/I]

sfunk 03-24-2011 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;32756]I know the title is like waa? But thats what the description is for. I am starting a contest that is nothing like we have ever done before. It's who can make the best replicate screen shot of a video game. Like for example, find a poster of a game online and try to replicate it in Alice. Just post the screen shots side by side and I will decide at the end of April who one. This sound fun right? Im doing Halo....lol[/QUOTE]

This sounds like an interesting contest. But i have one question, how do you get a screen shot from alice? i havent figured that out yet?

jediaction 03-24-2011 02:29 PM

You can take it with the Screenshot button in the top right corner of the game window. Or if your using windows, press the print screen button then crop t to whatever size you want/name it to whatever you want/works best with FPS alice games.

sfunk 03-24-2011 02:35 PM

Alright! sweet. do we have to let you know what game we are making a screen shot of before we enter them in?

David B 03-24-2011 03:19 PM

I know you participated in my contest, and as payback, you may expect me to participate, but I don't like video games, so I won't be participating. Sorry. Perhaps if you do an animation contest, I will enter.

Also, I am not sure how you plan on choosing the winner, but if it will be a public vote, I will participate.

jediaction 03-24-2011 03:50 PM

[QUOTE=David B;32775]I know you participated in my contest, and as payback, you may expect me to participate, but I don't like video games, so I won't be participating. Sorry. Perhaps if you do an animation contest, I will enter.

Also, I am not sure how you plan on choosing the winner, but if it will be a public vote, I will participate.[/QUOTE]

Um......I think it will be public.

[QUOTE=sfunk;32768]Alright! sweet. do we have to let you know what game we are making a screen shot of before we enter them in?[/QUOTE]

nope. You dont have to, you can keep it a surprise...

sfunk 03-24-2011 04:31 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;32779]Um......I think it will be public.

nope. You dont have to, you can keep it a surprise...[/QUOTE]

Awesome! i need to get to thinking about which game to use, any specific genre or type of game? or is it open to any?

jediaction 03-24-2011 04:52 PM

Any game. But the more complicated, the better chance of you winning

sfunk 03-24-2011 05:46 PM

Alright, i have a pretty good idea of one to use :D it shall be awesome...hopefully XD

jediaction 03-24-2011 07:00 PM

Do you like the example?