Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   How do I...? (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   making wings flap...Why is this not working? (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=11599)

GijoeFan1976 10-11-2016 02:06 AM

making wings flap...Why is this not working?

1 Attachment(s)
I tried to follow the person that did the butterflies, but not working. I tried to follow teacher but it got to complicated after all the changes.

chickentree 10-12-2016 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=GijoeFan1976;57342]I tried to follow the person that did the butterflies, but not working. I tried to follow teacher but it got to complicated after all the changes.

Look at your code. In the second 'Do Together' your wings do not move back to where they started (0.12 vs 0.20). Also if you want them to really flap they should probably move in a slightly different way. [LIST=1][*]Move the wings some amount - you've chosen 0.2.[*]Move the wings the oppisite way twice that amount. This takes them through 0 and to the other extream.[*]Move back to the start, this would be the same as the first 'Do Togther' and the wings should be back where they started.[/LIST]Also note that due to the way Alice creates the movie, moving in two directions at the same time and then trying to return to the original position does not always work.
If this is the problem capturing a pose before you start and then setting the pose after the 2nd "flap" should work. If you use timing when setting the pose Alice will morph it from where ever you start back to the beginning.

Mark

GijoeFan1976 10-18-2016 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=chickentree;57347]Look at your code. In the second 'Do Together' your wings do not move back to where they started (0.12 vs 0.20). Also if you want them to really flap they should probably move in a slightly different way. [LIST=1][*]Move the wings some amount - you've chosen 0.2.[*]Move the wings the oppisite way twice that amount. This takes them through 0 and to the other extream.[*]Move back to the start, this would be the same as the first 'Do Togther' and the wings should be back where they started.[/LIST]Also note that due to the way Alice creates the movie, moving in two directions at the same time and then trying to return to the original position does not always work.
If this is the problem capturing a pose before you start and then setting the pose after the 2nd "flap" should work. If you use timing when setting the pose Alice will morph it from where ever you start back to the beginning.

Mark[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks :) I have got the wings Flapping by using A Loop but now the rest of the program(story) won't run while the are flapping?

MrMoke 10-19-2016 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That is where some advanced features come into play. Create a Boolean variable. Then create a new event, and modify it into a "while the variable is true, perform the wing flap event". Whenever you set the variable to "true" anywhere in the program, the wing-flap method will run continuously. When you set it to "false" the wing-flap method stops.

chickentree 10-19-2016 04:24 PM

[QUOTE=MrMoke;57369]That is where some advanced features come into play. Create a Boolean variable. Then create a new event, and modify it into a while the variable is true, perform the wing flap. Whenever you set the variable to true, the wing-flap method will run. When you set it to false the wing-flap method stops.[/QUOTE]

Great Answer!

Remember the flap method you use in the event should not have a loop in it. The event will be called repeatedly whenever the variable described above is true.

The original problem comes from the fact that you created some form of a "do this forever" loop because you wanted the wings to keep flapping. There are a couple of ways to get around this but the event described above is the simplest and in general the best performing.
I mention this because you should understand why Alice was acting the way she was.

Mark

bodyjohn 10-25-2018 12:22 PM

[QUOTE=MrMoke;57369]That is where some advanced features come into play. Create a Boolean variable. Then create a new event, and modify it into a "while the variable is true, perform the wing flap event". Whenever you set the variable to "true" anywhere in the program, the wing-flap method will run continuously. When you set it to "false" the wing-flap [URL="http://workout-sportman.com/"]method [/URL]will stop.[/QUOTE]

great explanation done mate! keep it up!