Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Random Number Tutorial
Old
sfunk

Default Random Number Tutorial - 06-01-2011, 10:51 PM

This tutoiral will walk you through on how to use a random number for one of the possible ways to use it. it is a simple example but hope you enjoy the music I included along with the helpful info it contains.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Random number Tutorial.a2w (2.23 MB, 126 views)

If you are stuck on a project, check out the tutorials I made here at this link:

http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=36778#post36778

There are lots of tutorials on it so far, including some youtube videos, check it out

Or..

Go to my youtube channel to check out my alice 2.2 tutorials I have there..

http://www.youtube.com/user/sfunk1992?feature=mhsn

Old
jediaction

Default 06-02-2011, 05:34 PM

Good Job. But you only need to put all the tutorials on one thread. No need to make 4...

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default 06-02-2011, 08:42 PM

Now then I will call you on this: How will you make recoil? Or to be more accurate, accuracy and precision? Say I want to shoot a gun in a theoretically straight line within an imaginary and very thin, but infinitely expanding outward cone. On different settings, say a variable zoom scope, the cone will get thinner to suit the scope's zoom settings. If shooting for an extended period of time for several seconds, "recoil", the cone will get much larger for each shot. Let's try to keep it from the position of one(dummy) object, since it's supposed to be endlessly extending outward.

Old
sfunk

Default 06-02-2011, 10:27 PM

Well I have done something like this before, the aiming part atleast(not the zooming, but the precision part) I used a cylinder, and when the world started I had it stretch on the top and bottom I believe and used a function another member created to help get mine to work) if I can find his world I will post the link on this thread or even the world I created about this, I'll just have to find it first,and I think arty made an example of the aiming style you are refering too, i'll try to find all these worlds and get the links onto the main tutorial thread I have(and i'll personally work on recoil since I have been wanting to work on that haha)

EDIT well here is an example of the whole cylinder thing I was talking about, to much to explain in a tutorial, maybe i'll make a video tutorial sometime of why this works, but I made a recoil system using random numbers, which will effect accuracy, I have an idea to make it extremely better to get the effect you want, but I can't work on it right now
Attached Files
File Type: a2w newshooter.a2w (3.76 MB, 15 views)

If you are stuck on a project, check out the tutorials I made here at this link:

http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=36778#post36778

There are lots of tutorials on it so far, including some youtube videos, check it out

Or..

Go to my youtube channel to check out my alice 2.2 tutorials I have there..

http://www.youtube.com/user/sfunk1992?feature=mhsn

Last edited by sfunk; 06-02-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Default 10-30-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfunk View Post
This tutoiral will walk you through on how to use a random number for one of the possible ways to use it. it is a simple example but hope you enjoy the music I included along with the helpful info it contains.
Can u plz explain it by typing it because my comp. wont let me download ur tutorials.

Tags
helpful, random motion, tutorial